Are you looking for a family-friendly destination with lots to explore?
Look no further than York! With its rich history and charming streets, this city is an ideal spot for families with young kids. Check out our top picks for things to do with children under 12 in York.
1. Visit the National Railway Museum: Train lovers will be in their element at this world-class museum. With over 100 locomotives on display, including the iconic Flying Scotsman, kids can explore the history of rail travel and even climb aboard some of the trains themselves.
2. Take a Ghost Walk: For older kids who love a thrill, a ghost walk through York’s winding streets is a must. With tales of haunted houses, gruesome murders, and eerie happenings through the ages, this spooky tour will surely give you goosebumps.
3. Explore York Minster: One of the city’s most iconic landmarks, the York Minster is a stunning cathedral that will impress visitors of all ages. Kids will love spotting the intricate stone carvings and learning about the history of this impressive building.
4. Discover Harry Potter: With its cobbled streets and magical atmosphere, York is the perfect place to discover the world of Harry Potter. Visit The Shambles, a medieval shopping street that inspired the wizarding world, and don’t miss the chance to visit The Shop That Must Not Be Named, a Harry Potter-themed store that’s a must-visit for fans.
5. Head to York Maze: A summer-only attraction, York Maze is a giant maze with over 1 million corn plants. Alongside getting lost in the maze, there’s a host of other activities for kids, including a giant sandpit, a go-kart track, and animal encounters.
With so much to see and do, York is an unforgettable destination for families with young children. Don’t miss the chance to explore all this fantastic city offers!
We have availability in York, with properties that would suit you.
To check out availability click here